Wednesday, July 11, 2007

i am dedicating my apartment to sylvester stallone

i know how everyone is dying to have a virtual tour of my apartment so here it is. i painted it green. i learned i hate painting even though it looks like a lot of fun. fortunately i also learned becky likes painting. my apartment is also pretty bright. if anyone has any random window covering ideas let me know. also that is probably the best quilt i have made so far. if you come over i will let you play pick your favorite patch. its a pretty fun game....


here was my first attempt at making curtains.


second attempt.


i painted the kitchen green. and added this hotel painting. and this really comfy couch.

there are also some pretty good green stools that arent pictured.

i got that sewing machine for christmas which explains my ability to make all those curtains.

this is my favorite piece of furniture. its an antique chair. unless the antique lady was lying to me. she probably was. that mirror is really good. probably the best DI find i have had in years.

its so great here is a closer look.

i tried to wallpaper my bookshelf. it didnt really work. wallpapering is harder than it looks.

the armorie and my coffee table match. in fact i am pretty sure the coffee table is made out of the door to the armorie. i like to use the word cute a lot when i look at it.
and thats my little green apartment.

9 comments:

Cicada said...

It seriously looks so good. You pulled off that quilt very well, and in the pictures, the bookshelf doesn't look bad. I want to go over and see everything in person! Maybe tonight?

natali said...

thanks. also i forgot to mention how helpful cicada was in all this whole production. she also likes to paint and help me pick out grandma like furniture. what would i do without her.

Colleen said...

what a freakin cute apartment you have. so is your quilt done? you are so productive. look at all of those things you made. boo ya! why are you dedicating your apt to sylvester stallone?

natali said...

i might have to go back and fix some of the stiching but the quilt is more or less done. you can snuggle up in it next time you come to salt lake. i am dedicating my apartment to sylvester because of a poem i once heard.

becky said...

my favorite bra has green paint on it now.

natali said...

now do you think of me everytime you look at your boobs?

El Jefe said...

I do. I mean when I look at your, or Colls, nevermind.

natali said...

jefe i have missed you. where have you been?

Colleen said...

becky, were you painting in your bra? most favorite things do have green paint on them. like my mom's green sewing machine table from 1970.