Monday, July 16, 2007

let me consult my friends for life calendar

i spent my whole weekend with colls. she is the best hostess ever. she offered to pick me up from the airport. albeit the wrong airport.


when i drove into town i found my old room all made up for me with this my little pony prize and my favorite frog quilt.


and dont forget the reading material she left by my bed. she knows how much i love those russians.


and the picture of my little brother was a nice personal touch. i cut off the picture of Christ's head because it felt weird to put it in but now i think its weird that i cropped it.

anyway i have a mac computer. whatever. but one thing i noticed (and thought was a computer flaw) and called mac to consult about (and they didnt mention it was normal) and even took to the store (where they were incredibly unhelpful) is that july 17th is ALWAYS on the calendar. always. its not a computer bug at all. i mean there are a couple of things that call for accuracy as a rule. clocks, calendars, reality, etc. basically i have been looking at july 17 for six months. so tomorrow is finally july 17 and for one day my calendar will display the right day. but the joke is that i have gotten used to july 17 always being the wrong day so i will look at it tomorrow and think i wonder what day it is...

14 comments:

Colleen said...

i really like that you tied your visit with me into july 17th.
i was wondering which russian novel you enjoyed the most?
i am sorry i didn't draw a bath for you and light candles. i didn't want to freak you out.
how's your pony? tell her hi.

natali said...

your pony says hi back. she says she misses the spiders in your bed.

MicroSeth said...

Good job on having a Mac. The iCal Jul 17th thing bugs me too. I have my iCal start up automatically and hide when I log in. Then the date is correct when I look at it in the dock. (The date on the dock icon changes when the program is running.) Yeah, that's how anal I am.

natali said...

mac is really pushing it with me. one more shitty ad campaign and i am out. and i am being serious mac. (not really i am way too lazy to actually sell my computer and get a new one)but i am now boycotting ipods.

Colleen said...

these iCals sound stressful. i rely soley on my free "healthy food ideas" calendar from albertsons.
don't sell your mac. he's cute.

becky said...

my computer tells me the correct date and time at a glance! take that mac you pretentious bastards!





p.s. i love your iphone.

xoxo
becky

natali said...

i love that damn music they have for the iphone commercials. i feel myself getting sucked in and it takes everything i have to get out. bravo marketing department for iphones.

Colleen said...

yeah we did a killer job with the marketing didn't we.

n said...

will you devote your time to marketing me already.

MicroSeth said...

If you want her to market you it might help if you play music, movies and make phone calls à la the iPhone. Shiny and sleek might help too. Just sayin'.

n said...

haha. i personally think the iphone is a trick but i understand if you love it. its a pretty cool trick.

Colleen said...

nat do you have an iphone? aren't those expensive? are you selling something after hours that i don't know about?

natali said...

i dont have an iphone. and i wager they are pretty expensive. and are you asking me if i am a prostitute? after hours sells....

Colleen said...

i saw another spider in my room. i wish you would have been here to protect me.
but you were out selling your hot bod.