Thursday, May 03, 2007

fan mail

so last night around 2:32 a.m. i thought it was time to delete my blog. blogs can only run so long right? furthermore i never really LIKED mine. i am not saying that to get any sort of response of you the reader's personal opinion of my blog. i understand that some of you have some sort of attachment to me (i grow on people) and as such occasionally find my ramblings amusing. but my blog is mostly just a source of embarrassment and as such i dont like too much attention ever devoted to it. kind of like my double jointed arms or my dating life.

so today when i woke up and decided to push that delete bottom and take up a new hobby like international travel i had this email waiting for me in my linkup email box entitled "blog":

So I was faced with a pretty boring night in the lab tonight. It was really dead. The bacteria were pretty docile. Anyway, I saw your little headline about think tanks. I thought it sounded familiar but couldn't remember where I'd heard it. I tried a google search which came up dry but it did point me to your blog plus the one you contribute to. I had to write to say that I laughed so hard that the molecular pathology guys in the next room came over to see what was so funny. So thanks. You saved me from a potentially very long and boring night.
Seth


here is the response: (that i never sent): (but maybe will): (its doubtful):

dear seth:

i almost deleted my blog today. but i decided to let it live for one more month because of your encouraging words. i also decided i might have ebola. but i doubt that its even a possibility. out of curiosity is a symptom the inability to sleep more than 3 hours at a time? anyway, tell the molecular pathology guys i said hi.

natali

p.s. my tagline is one of the better one liners i heard in a recent episode of gilmore girls. which is a show known for random references to obscure literature and bands. anyway, i really think (pun) think tanks are fascinating. i have been to a couple and even eaten at one on a lunch date. i had two dates that day. thats the only time that has ever happened to me.

16 comments:

MicroSeth said...

In your case, Ebola is a distinct possibility. Don't rule it out just yet.

n said...

i really need to get insurance and get this checked out.

cropstar said...

dear punk rock girl,
i know you didn't write this post in hopes of getting a bunch of comments telling you how great your blog is (or so you say...) but that's what this is.
if you delete your blog i might die (ok that might be a slight exaggeration...) anyway, i think you're funny and smart and clever and (insert favorite adjective here).
cheers, from a friend of a friend of a friend (or something like that. i can't remember who's links i clicked to get here but i'm glad i did) and someone who has a way more pathetic dating life than you.

Chelsea said...

i didn't know you were double jointed. that's sad that we never formed a support group to comfort each other by hugging with our deformed little arms

natali said...

dear cropstar5:

thank you for your comment. i am flattered. also, at your insistence i inserted CHARMING as my favorite adjective. i am mildly embarrassed that people read this but i am glad you enjoy it.

sincerely,

punk rock girl

ps dating is so weird right? so many strange/manic/random/exciting/disturbing/painful (insert pretty much ANY adjective here) emotions and interactions that in the end you just have to sit back and contemplate the good old days of arranged marriages...

natali said...

ck we have so much in common. lets start a double jointed club. i will be the treasurer. i nominate you as secretary...but who will be president who?

becky said...

i will. my thumbs are totally double-jointed

Chelsea said...

alright! double-jointers unite!! although i have to be honest - i think my left arm maybe got less double jointed when i broke my elbow last year (this might just be myself psychologically kidding myself)

natali said...

i could never be a cheerleader. my angles are so OFF. also its a constant struggle in yoga. but i have taught myself how it feels when my arms look normal and i do that.

Chelsea said...

we totally need to start a support group. it's all thanks to my dumb arms that don't straighten right that i'm not a prima ballerina today. blasted joints

natali said...

yeah me too. whats the point of being this skinny and loving tutus like i do if i am double jointed? its a cruel trick.

Colleen said...

i haven't had this much fun being part of a fan club since i sent my 3rd grade picture to ralph macchio from karate kid.

Anonymous said...

if you kill your blog, i will kill you. not a joke. or is it? okay, it's a joke. or is it?

MicroSeth said...

You'll know if it's Ebola soon enough. There's the puking up half-digested blood (coffee ground emesis), the bleeding from the eyes/nose/rectum/basically any membrane that you have), the loss of personality as your frontal lobe turns to mush and then the death usually within 7 days part. So if your sleeplessness has persisted > 7 days then it's probably not Ebola. Lucky you. So I wouldn't worry.

becky said...

wait, if he kills your blog it will kill you? it's like the picture of dorian grey

n said...

first of all. its the bleeding out of everything that really freaks me out about ebola. i watched a documentary on ebola once that made me think i should stop watching documentaries on ebola in the future.

ps i like the portrait of dorian grey but unless i stop aging i doubt my blog will kill me. but it might. just for fun.