Tuesday, January 15, 2008

saving myself and the movie

i dont participate in the interactive church meetings too often. i end up changing my mind about positions a lot and/or worrying about how my opinions will go over. plus i get nervous. instead i focus on improving my suduko skills and playing MASH. however, a couple of weeks ago i offered to read because my row (you know who you are) was being particularly noisy and i was guilted into volunteering. anyway this was the verse i read:

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds." Revelation 2:22.

i left out them and maybe that. which made me think God was threatening to commit adultery with Jezebel (she was the women in the scripture) if people didnt repent. for five minutes i reevaluated my entire concept of God and almost changed my mind about the whole damn thing.

3 comments:

Cicada said...

So maybe the situation you described is like where people made mistakes translating, and so the Bible we have right now is not fully correct...

Did you hear the one about the monks? A young monk moved to a monastery and was getting the tour from the senior monk. The senior monk showed him the copy room and explained that they spent most of their time writing new copies of the Bible. The young monk asked how they knew that the copies they made were true to the original. The senior monk said he'd compare a new copy to the oldest version and prove that they're still the same. Two days later, the young monk went to see how the senior monk was doing but found the senior monk crying in the copy room. He asked what was wrong and the senior monk said, "It says celeBRATE!"

natali said...

celebrate...well this changes everything.

TUG said...

Your experience is why I only play MASH in Sunday School!